Monday, January 4, 2010

Which came first? The Genius or the Madness?

It's now a running joke here; I am a certified supergenius. I'm not exactly sure which number supergenius I am though. There's talk that I'm the 3rd, some say the 4th. I don't know. How the madness got started you ask?

Well it all involved me wanting to make a cake for my mother-in-law's going away party. I never had that much interest in making cakes before, only interest in watching the popular cake tv shows. So I decided to try my hand at it.

It's only been 3 months since the first cake I made, and with no prior experience of any artistic or cake-baking sort, I don't think that the cakes I've made are half-bad. It all starts with an idea I have swirling around my brain. Usually late at night I get out a notebook and draw up all these cake designs. And that's where the Supergenius kicks in, or just plain SG as I am sometimes referred to. It's quite a learning experience. From the first, good concept/poor skill "Arizona" cake, to the latest one, I've learned a lot. Albeit usually between bouts of meltdowns and muttered cursewords, and the occasional flying fondant. So here it goes. Here's the cakes...

1 comment:

  1. I love all the cakes, some pretty, some cute, LOVE THE FLOUNDER. I am so glad you made this blog. I have a gift for Brand, something I think he will love, all of you will I am sure. Miss Ya, kiss Sally Pat for me?

    ReplyDelete