Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Big Weekend for Cakes











The weekend of October 18th was huge. That just so happened to be my birthday and also the annual family fun day at church.

The sushi cake - This was a big year. THIRTY. Another decade under the table. I often make sushi at home, so I thought that I could make a sushi themed cake for my birthday. It was vanilla cake with half strawberry and half blackberry fillings. YUM.

The church cakes - I think it took 14 hours to make this one. This was the first multi-tiered cake that I made. It was also my first attempt to make gumpaste flowers. Each stained glass window had a different theme; a wine chalice and grapes, a communion wafer, a dove and cross, a fish with loaves of bread, a cross, and the bible. The cake was all vanilla cake with the bottom tier strawberry, the middle pineapple and the top coconut. It was completely wiped out.

Cross cake - Just a bonus cake I made for church since I had leftover batter and frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment