Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trick or Treat...was mostly a trick












So by now I'm kind-of expected to make a cake for something, so the first cake was a small 2 tier cake for my daughter's headstart class. Check out the Pastillage Spider and graveyard scene. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate peanut butter filling.

The second cake I made that weekend was the three tiered one. I made it to bring to a couple's house for a neighborhood trick-or-treat. The kids got their candy and everyone got a bowl of Jambalaya and some cake. The thing is that after we delivered the cake and left to bring our daughter trick-or-treat, nobody wanted to cut it! They all said it was too pretty, so I had to cut it when I came back around. It was a vanilla cake with Strawberry, Pineapple and chocolate fillings.  Meltdown factor was pretty high, and supergenius factor was nearly depleted.

Bonus cake - just leftover batter and practice with piping since I had virtually no experience there.

No comments:

Post a Comment