Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy Holiday Feeling


                                        












The gingerbread house - I made it for my daughter's headstart class' Christmas party.  Probably the most fun cake that I've made.  Fun but exhausting.  Most importantly, ZERO meltdowns.  It took 11 hours for me to make it.  Starting at 7 P.M. till 5 A.M.!!  Starting with making the fondant till putting in the candy accents.  Everything you see was edible.  The trees, sled, gate and gingerbread people were made from pastillage and airbrushed.  The square of the yard was red velvet cake with cream cheese snow, while the house itself was indeed a gingerbread cake.  Now I have to admit that the figures in the yard were store bought, but that was it.
The Bundt - Was a birthday cake made for an older man who lives on the Island.  It was an apple-spice cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment